Wednesday, June 3, 2009

for what it's worth


As you may know by now, I've been having myself a good time. In fact, I went out five consecutive nights recently. Here's a recap:

Wednesday: Mackintosh Braun played an "early" (10p) show at Someday Lounge. Afterward, I went to Lucky Devil to have drinks and conversation with a friend.

Thursday: I sat by the pool in the early afternoon and started Jacques And His Master by Milan Kundera. Two hours by the pool turned me into a lobster. I need sunblock. I met Matt and Alyson at Wilsonville Lanes for some bowling. As usual, it took me several frames to warm up. I had a 169 and a more reasonable 213 (clean game).

Friday: I had myself my first massage. It was good. I'll probably go back to Odette again. That night was the Crystal Method show at the Roseland Theater. Best value concert of the year for me so far. Face value of my ticket was $20, I think. I would have gladly paid twice that. LA Riots opened. This seemed like a case of the opening act truly warming up the crowd. By the time The Crystal Method came on, everyone was ready to keep on dancing. The worst part of the evening was looking for a parking spot. It was Friday night and it was prom night and there was no street parking available. I probably drove around for 15 minutes looking for a spot. I finally settled on a lot and payed my $8. This was a bit more than neighboring lots and garages, but I was ready to park and get to the theater. The attendant was nice, though. He admired my car and gave me an end space in front of a Mercedes where it would be safest and I could make an easy exit at the end of the night.

The Crystal Method @ Roseland Theater

Saturday: On Saturday, Vince, Christi, and I saw The Slants at Dante's. This was the first time Christi got to see The Slants. Vince and I saw them before at Dante's a few months ago. Again, the parking situation was horrible - much worse than Friday, in fact. This night was the Starlight Parade. We drove around for a while looking for street parking. We eventually decided to find a lot or garage. I was unable to cross Burnside to seek the lot I used the previous night. We ended up using a garage on NW 12th. After parking, we had to walk about 10 blocks to Dante's through the parade crowd, crossing the actual parade path twice. Have you ever tried to sprint across a parade? Silly. Veritas were ok. Silversafe were better (I've seen them before). And The Slants were awesome!

The Slants @ Dante's

Sunday: I wasn't planning on going out this night. A little after 10p, I decided to go to Sinferno. I quickly showered and changed. After a quick stop at the ATM for some cash money, I zipped to NW where there was parking aplenty. Not only did I get to park on the North Park Blocks where I usually do, I found a spot near Burnside. Easy parking since it was 11p by the time I pulled into town. Typical Sinferno except I chilled in the Limbo Lounge and watched the action on the big screen instead of directly viewing the stage. I also got to watch Reed McClintock most of the evening. Dude's amazing!

No comments: