Thursday, May 14, 2009

how have you been?


So unmotivated to blog. I've done plenty of nothing. Big news is the new car. It's a 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Retractable Hardtop (i.e. convertible) in red. It's my transformer and tentatively called Ruby. Anyone have suggestions? I figure it can have two names - one for top up and one for top down. Other big news around here - I went to Ikea last month and got a chair, ottoman, television stand, and coffee table. I'm still missing a couch, bed, and lamps. I also went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got some beautiful dishes. The pattern is called Alice Platinum. How cool is that?!


I got so much done on my day off this past Tuesday. I went to Office Max/Depot?, bank, Redbox, dry cleaners, FedEx, another bank, and THPRD to watch Matt's tennis team play. The tennis was a great chance to relax after running all those errands.

Veris and I talked about joining a spring bowling league. Don't know if we'll actually go through with it. We're trying to make our schedules work. I'm also considering joining a softball team this summer. I watched Derek play a few times last summer and it looked like lots of fun. Been a long time since I've played baseball and never played softball...except to practice with Michelle (for two minutes at a time). ;)

Thomas visited Portland from San Francisco recently. I met with him a couple times. The first time, we had beer at Bridgeport Ale House and ice cream at Ben and Jerry's. A couple days later, we met at Clackamas Town Center to see the new Star Trek movie (very good, go see it...even if you're not a sci-fi fan).

I also saw Ben Lee perform at Berbati's earlier this month. I've lost count, but I've seen him more than 15 times. Killola are opening for Sinferno this Sunday. Actually, I just heard that they've just passed through town on their way up to Seattle. They'll play there before their appearance here on Sunday. I can't wait! And it's been forever since I've been to Sinferno. It'll be a nice break in my work schedule. Hope it doesn't wear me out. I'm certainly not going to miss it, though. Last time Killola were in town, I was out helping Another Cynthia with their show at Dante's. Speaking of Another Cynthia, they've just finished their new album. Shouldn't be too much longer before it's available for purchase. I also have a ticket to see The Crystal Method at the Roseland Theater later this month. Gonna be so fun!

I'm starting a long run of work tomorrow. I work each day May 15-25, except May 16 to attend Ryan's wedding. Maybe I'll reward myself with a couch and bed after that's over.

No comments: