Tuesday, March 31, 2009

exploring the back roads


Here I am writing a blog again just so I can say I did one this month. Lots of something and lots of nothing is happening. Work is steady. I signed the lease on my flat this morning. I'll eventually show it off to all of you. I'm in no hurry to actually move my belongings from their current storage location. Mostly because I'm not thrilled about driving the moving truck. Besides, most of my things that are large enough to require a truck actually need to go to the Burg.

I had a bit of trouble finding an ATM near my apartment. I ended up in Tualatin and taking the back roads back to Derek's house. Soon, I'll get to return Derek's house key. I returned Vince's a couple days ago. Many small things reminding me that I'm moving forward. It's nice.

My new city actually only has about 17,000 population, but it's not a long drive to many other cities. I'm gonna spend the coming weeks exploring my new 'hood. I should like it just fine despite its size. Besides being between my two jobs, my new place also puts me central to many of my friends. That should work out splendidly.

Well, my original idea was to write about the show I went to last Friday. OK Go. OK Who? I've been surprised by how many of my friends are unfamiliar with them. You may not know the name, but people should at least remember when I tell them that they're the band that danced on treadmills. It was all over the internets. Spend 30 minutes on youtube and watch all of the OK Go videos.



The show was at Wonder Ballroom and was pretty rockin'. I missed io echo by choice. I wasn't too impressed with the music that I heard on their site. I caught all of Jaguar Love's set. They were really good and from Portland.

Afterward, I drove down the road to see a friend I hadn't seen in a while. It'll be nice to go out more often once I'm settled into my own place. I like to say that I went out after going out that night...because I only got four hours sleep before working the next day. It was worth it, though!

No comments: