Monday, December 1, 2008

obsession


I worked a couple days last week. I was supposed to meet up with Jon after work on Saturday, but I forgot what day it was and simply fell asleep without turning my phone's ringer back on. It wasn't until Sunday morning or afternoon that I got Jon's four messages! I felt bad for accidentally blowing him off, but we were able to get together in the afternoon for a few hours. Redemption.

We walked around 23rd (Nob Hill/Alphabet District) and checked out a couple shops. We stopped in the news and smokes shop, which is a zillion times cooler than most, and checked out some photography magazines. Then we made a stop in Steel For Men. They had some super cool shirts, wallets, and belts. It's been a long time since I hung out on 23rd. Jon lived on 21st back in the day and I used to go there all the time. Some of it is new. Much is the same.

Then we walked to 17th so Jon could show me a store, but they were closed. While walking to that store, we passed the 3D Center Of Art And Photography. I've long wanted to visit this little museum and gallery. Jon was kind enough to pay for my admission, because I hadn't gone to the ATM yet.


Construction on Nob Hill
copyright 2008 JP Zegers

After that, we walked back to Jon's place to have a beer and play with making time-lapse movies. We captured a neat time-lapse movie of people arriving for Sunday mass across the street. That was fun. Makes me want to do more stop-motion filmmaking. At 6:00p, it was time for Jon to help put up the Christmas tree in his building and for me to get ready for one last Sinferno.


It was a fairly typical nite. I was there early enough to sit at the front. Polly Panic played again. I shared my table with a couple other guys. Miss Steak returned for a final performance in Portland. I assume also that Masonious Max will be traveling with her and I wish them both well. The Bellini Twins performed. Typical performance, but I like them enough to mention them anyway. Check them out. I'm not entirely sure if MC William Batty was joking or not, but he mentioned that the Bellini Twins will soon be making a stop on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I'm thinking he wasn't joking. Keep your eyes peeled for that.

Oh! London gave up her usual gogo spot to do a little mistressing. I'm sooo glad, since this was my final Sinferno until...? I saw the props at the beginning of the show and just knew it was gonna be her. Perhaps that's a sign that I've spent entirely too much time at Dante's? London's second performance of the nite involved candy canes and her sitting/bouncing on my lap. Hurray audience participation! haha! London's also an accomplished photographer. View her work here. Buy it here.

The two other guys at my table were pretty drunk and opened up their pocketbooks pretty wide, contributing a $20 tip for Masonious Max's performance. They offered me a drink a couple times, which I declined. In lieu of a drink, one of them gave me a five-spot to pass on to my fav gogo. (<3)

That's about it. Here I sit on a Monday afternoon obsessing over my next move. And I know I'm not the only one...there's some sort of twisted comfort in that.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Sounds like a good day. What do you set your camera at for time lapse.