Monday, January 19, 2009

Bathing Beauties


This is Bathing Beauties by Emily Roe. It's a pastel piece that I fell in love with last year when it was featured at SubZero Microlounge as part of Anchorage's First Friday Art Walk (like PDX's First Thursday, but colder).

The artist offered me a good price several months ago, but I was unable to come up with the cash. I found out tonite that the piece has been sold. I am now making it my job to find out who purchased the piece so that I can make him an offer (eventually). Stay tuned. This piece will be mine.


I'm even more in love with Edward Martinez's Last Minute Touches. Do you see a running theme here? I have a large selection of artwork bookmarked. I swear they're not all like this. Anyway, I first saw this image hung in poster form in a Red Robin. You know how they have all those crazy posters on every wall? This was one of them. Initially, it took some sleuthing because the only information I had was the artist's last name, seen as a scribbled signature in the corner of the image, but I finally found that Martinez sells his work at Meyer Gallery in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I don't know for certain that this piece sold through Meyer Gallery, but I do know that Martinez paints people and landscapes. Meyer Gallery deals his people paintings. Another gallery sells his landscapes. With that knowledge, I may inquire one day about the whereabouts of Last Minute Touches. This one will certainly command a greater price and would likely become the centerpiece of my gallery.

update: I received a message from Emily Roe several hours after posting this blog. In response to my potentially purchasing Bathing Beauties from its new owner:

Sounds good!!! It just sold last week...I haven't even cashed the check yet! If you're interested in any other pieces, let me know! :)
I'm going to have another sale soon and call it "January Jumpstart" or something like that soon. I just need to get prices together...
I hope all is well!
Stay warm,
Emily

1 comment:

JeannéJuliet said...

So...
It looks like you have a fascination with art that is composed of women putting on makeup!

About disclaimer:
I have had people blow up and ruin friendships because they read my blogs and took them too personally. People are stupid. Sometimes you have to put up stupid things to accommodate.